Friday, June 29, 2012

Tulip Picture Turned Family Photo Frame

My frame project before and after!!!

Here is what I started with.

I first had to cut down all of the posters to fit on the 12 X 12 mount.

 I ordered poster size prints from of my kids. I dismantled the tulip frame and ripped the tulip pictures off of their mounts.  Then I used Mod Podge to paint over the pictures.

 I followed the same procedure for each picture.

 After letting the Mod Podge dry I painted a layer of dark grey around each of the pictures (on the black area).  This also helped hide areas where I was unable to cut perfectly straight.  I just painted in the mistake areas around the edges and you could not even tell.
 So I went from this....

To this!!!!  This is going to look great in the new house.


  1. LOVE this project! Way to give new life to something :) Also, I love (and I am a little jealous of) your gigantic jar of Mod Podge! I need to get one of those... :)

  2. Thanks so much Lauren!!! I am a Mod Podge addict! :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...